You can change the amount of space between your lines and paragraphs to give documents structure and improve readability.
- Select the paragraph or paragraphs you want to adjust.
- Click the Line and Paragraph Spacing button.
- Select a spacing option.
For more spacing options, select Line Spacing Options to open the Paragraph dialog box.
A list of line spacing options appears. The options here range from 1.0, which adds no extra space between lines, to 3.0, where the spacing for each line is triple that of a single-spaced line.
The spacing between the selected lines is changed.
If you want to add space above or below the paragraph, adjust the paragraph spacing.
- Click the Paragraph dialog box launcher.
- Adjust the settings in the Spacing group.
- Before: Adds space above the paragraph.
- After: Adds space below the paragraph.
Additional space will be added before or after the selected paragraph.
You can quickly add or remove 12 pts of spacing before or after the selected paragraph by clicking the Line and Paragraph Spacing button on the Home tab, then selecting Add/Remove Space Before Paragraph or Add/Remove Space After Paragraph.
FREE Quick ReferenceClick to Download
Free to distribute with our compliments; we hope you will consider our paid training.