Each team channel can have one or more wiki pages, which members of that team can use to keep information and notes available for later reference.
- Click a team channel's Wiki tab.
The wiki screen opens. Wiki pages can be short documents, or they can contain multiple pages with multiple sections.
- Click the Expand Wiki menu button.
Every page and section of the wiki is listed.
- Select a page or section within a page.
The wiki tab now displays the selected section or page.
Wiki pages are not static documents. They can be edited by anyone with access, making them excellent collaboration tools.
- Click a section in the wiki page.
Once you click within a text field in a wiki page, you can begin editing it.
- Start typing in a section.
- Use the formatting options to format text.
Since wiki pages are collaborative, you can work on them with other people on your team. If you need a specific person's input somewhere, you can use @ mentions to get their attention.
- While editing a wiki page, type an @ symbol followed by the beginning of a person's name.
- Select a person from the suggestions list.
The selected person will get a notification that they were mentioned in the wiki page.
While wiki pages themselves are collaborative and can be edited by anyone, you don’t necessarily want a lot of discussion happening on the content page itself. Instead, you can discuss a section of a wiki page in its own separate conversation thread.
- Click the Show section conversation button at a section's right margin.
A conversation pane appears on the right, showing the conversation thread for that section of the wiki page.
- Enter a message and click Send.
You can chat with other team members about this section of the wiki page, and the conversation will also appear in the team channel.