While a meeting is in progress, there are several ways to manage the record of the meeting and the people participating in it.
Every meeting also has a text conversation that you can use, which will be saved after the meeting is over.
- Click the Show Conversation button on the meeting controls toolbar.
The meeting chat pane opens on the right, showing the conversation so far.
- Enter a message in the Reply field and click Send.
- Click the pane's Close button.
The pane closes, and the meeting takes over the whole window again. When the meeting is over, the conversation will be found in the team channel that the meeting took place in. Or, if it’s not part of a channel, the conversation appears in your chat history.
If you're in a meeting with several people, it can be challenging to keep track of who's there. You can view a list of all participants to see everyone involved.
- Click the Show Participants button on the toolbar.
The People pane opens, where you can see all the participants in the meeting.
Below the list of participants, you’ll see a list of suggested participants.
- Click the People pane’s Close button when you’re finished.
The People pane closes.
Suggested people are listed below, letting you quickly invite them to join the meeting. To invite a suggested person:
- Hover your mouse cursor over a suggested person.
- Click a suggested person's Request to Join button.
A call is automatically placed, and the invited person can choose to join the meeting or reject the call.
If the person you want to invite is not in the Suggestions list, you can enter their name in the Invite someone field and select them from the search results.
Once you’re finished adding participants, you can close the People pane.
You can also manage the participants of the meeting once they’re in. What you’re able to manage exactly will depend on your role in the meeting. An Organizer is the person that set up the meeting, and they’re able to manage everything. Presenters are able to do everything as well, including share content, and mute, admit, and remove people. Attendees are limited in what they can do, but they can still speak, share their video, and chat.
- Click a person's More Options button.
Here, depending on your role, you have a few things you can do.
- Select an option.
- Mute their Microphone, only Organizers and Presenters can mute someone’s microphone, which will prevent everyone else in the meeting from hearing their audio.
- Pin their video, will keep their video on their screen no matter who is talking.
- Spotlight their video, which will pin their video for everyone in the meeting.
- Change their role, from presenter to attendee.
- Remove them from the meeting entirely, only can be done by Organizers and Presenters.
If a person is muted or removed from the meeting, they’ll be able to rejoin the meeting or unmute their microphone at any time.
FREE Quick ReferenceClick to Download
Free to distribute with our compliments; we hope you will consider our paid training.