If you need to chat with several people about the same topic, you can begin a chat with multiple contacts at once.
- Click the New Chat button.
- Enter the name of a person in the group you want to chat with, then select them from the search results.
If you wanted to chat with only one person, you would now start entering a message. Instead, continue expanding your group.
- Continue entering contacts in the To field until you have everyone you need.
- Enter a message for the group.
- Click Send.
The chat message is sent to everyone included in the To field. Every message sent in this conversation, by everyone involved, will be seen by everyone in the group.
After a group chat has been started, you can continue to add new members as they’re needed.
- Click the Add People button at the top of a chat screen.
- Enter the name of the person you want to add, then select them from the search results.
- Choose how much of the group’s chat history the new person can view.
You can allow the new person to see all of the messages in the group’s chat history, set a number of days they’re able to view, or bring them in without allowing them to see any history at all.
- Click the Add button.
The new person is added to the group chat. They are also able to see the existing chat messages, if you allowed them during the invitation.
If you’re part of a group chat that you no longer need to be in, you can leave it. Everyone else in the group will still be able to chat with each other, but you’ll no longer be included.
- Hover your mouse over the number of participants link at the top of the chat.
A menu appears, listing everyone in the group.
- Select Leave.
A notification will appear, asking you to confirm that you want to leave the group.
- Click the Leave button.
You’re removed from the group conversation and will no longer receive new messages from it. You will still be able to access the chat history from the time you were still in the group.