There are several options for altering the layout of your PivotTable. The Layout group on the Design tab allows you to change what elements appear on the PivotTable.
- Click any cell inside the PivotTable.
The Analyze and Design tabs appear under PivotTable Tools on the ribbon.
- Click the Design tab on the ribbon.
The Layout group has options to change which elements appear in your PivotTable.
- Subtotals: Click to show or hide subtotals, and to specify where to show them.
- Grand Totals: Click to show or hide grand totals, and to specify whether they appear for rows, columns, or both.
- Report Layout: Show the PivotTable in compact, outline, or tabular form.
- Blank Rows: Insert or remove a blank line between each grouped item in the PivotTable.
- Click the Layout button for the element you want to update.
A list of options appears, depending on the button that was selected.
- Select an option from the list.
The PivotTable layout is updated based on your selection.