Excel’s Find and Replace features can find and/or replace formatting in addition to text and information. Use the Find and Replace Formatting option when you want to change all instances of a particular formatting choice at once.
- Click the Find & Select button on the Home tab.
- Select Replace.
Press Ctrl + H to open the Find and Replace dialog box
- Click the Options button.
- Click the Find what: Format button.
The Find Format dialog box opens. Here you can select any type of formatting you want to look for in the workbook.
- Select the formatting you want to find.
- Click OK.
- Click the Replace with: Format button.
- Select the new formatting options you want to use.
- Click OK.
Once the formatting options are set, you’re ready to begin finding and replacing the formatting.
- Select the Find or Replace option you want.
- Click Find Next or Find All to locate the formatting you want replace before replacing it.
- Click Replace to change cells one at a time.
- Click Replace All to replace every instance of the formatting at once.
- When you choose to replace all instances of the formatting, the dialog box lets you know how many replacements were made. Click OK.
- Click Close.