You can use a header to include the same information at the top of every printed page or a footer to include information at the bottom of every page. You can enter your own headers or footers, insert built-in ones, or insert specific elements such as pictures or page numbers.
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the Text button.
- Select Header & Footer.
The Header & Footer view displays and the header is active.
You can also access the header and footer by clicking the View tab and clicking the Page Layout View button.
- Click in the header section where you want to add text.
- Enter custom text or select a pre-defined header from the Header & Footer Elements group or Header menu.
- To view the footer, click the Go to Footer button.
- Click in the footer section where you want to add text.
- Enter custom text or select a pre-defined footer from the Header & Footer Elements group or Footer menu.
Headers and footers can be formatted using the commands in the Font group on the Home tab.
The Header & Footer Elements group has a variety of pre-defined options you can use.
|Page Number||Displays the correct page number for each page.|
|Number of Pages||Displays the total number of pages in the worksheet|
|Current Date||Displays the current date|
|Current Time||Displays the current time of day.|
|File Path||Displays the workbook’s name and file path.|
|File Name||Displays the workbook’s name.|
|Sheet Name||Displays the worksheet’s name.|
|Picture||Opens the Insert Picture dialog box, where you can browse for and insert a picture file.|
|Format Picture||Is only available once a picture has been inserted; this button allows you to adjust the picture’s size, brightness or contrast.|
Since the amount of content entered in a header or footer can vary, the height may need to be adjusted to fit all the text.
- Click the Page Layout tab.
- Click the Margins button.
- Select Custom Margins.
- Enter a new height for the header or footer.
- Click OK.
The header and footer heights are adjusted and to accommodate the amount of content entered.
FREE Quick ReferenceClick to Download
Free to distribute with our compliments; we hope you will consider our paid training.