Besides applying table styles, you can format individual table style elements.
- Click any cell in the table.
- Click the Design tab.
The formatting options available in the Table Style Options group include:
- Header Row: Toggles the table’s header row on and off.
- Total Row: Adds a total row to the bottom of the table. This option doesn’t just change formatting, but also allows you to calculate values in the total row.
- First/Last Column: Displays special formatting for the first or last columns in the table.
- Banded Rows/Columns: Displays odd and even rows and columns differently for easier readability.
- Select the option(s) you want to apply in the Table Style Options group.