If you're hosting a meeting with several people, it can get tough to keep track of who's there. You can view a list of everyone participating, mute and unmute people, and control who's attending.
The Participants pane pops out, showing everyone that's joined the meeting.
It will also show the waiting room, where people who have joined but not yet been admitted will be listed.
Once a few people are in a meeting, their audio can overlap and create some confusion. As a host, you're able to mute guests if you need to.
- Click the Mute button next to a person's name in the Participants pane.
That participant is muted until either you unmute them, or they unmute themselves.
- Click the Unmute button next to a person's name.
They’re unmuted and can once again be heard by everyone else in the meeting.
You can also mute someone by right-clicking their video thumbnail and selecting Mute.?
You can remove a guest from a meeting entirely if simply muting them isn’t enough.
- Click the More button next to a person's name.
From this menu, you have two ways to remove someone from a meeting.
- You can select Put in Waiting Room to send them back to the waiting room, where you can readmit them again later.
- Select Remove to kick them out of the meeting entirely. They can still attempt to rejoin the meeting.
- Select Remove.
The guest is removed from the meeting.
You can also remove someone by right-clicking their video thumbnail and selecting Remove.
Locking a meeting prevents anyone new from joining, even if they have the correct Meeting ID and password.
- Click the More Options button in the Participants pane.
In addition to locking the meeting, you can decide whether guests can control their own audio and video, mute new guests when they join, and toggle whether to use the waiting room or not.
- Select Lock Meeting.
Once the meeting is locked, nobody new will be able to join.
You can also lock the meeting by clicking the Security button on the toolbar and selecting Lock Meeting.
Finally, if you're hosting a meeting but need to leave, while still allowing the meeting to continue, you'll need to assign another person as the host.
The selected person is now assigned as the meeting host.