When multiple windows are open on your desktop, you can easily move and resize them. This is helpful when you want to view content from both windows on one screen.
Follow these steps to move a window.
- With a window open, click and drag it at the title bar to a new location.
If you have more than one monitor, you can drag the window to the additional monitor.
Here's how you resize a window.
- Click and drag the window at any of the window borders until it's at the desired size.
Automatically resize and position a window to cover exactly one half of your screen by snapping the window to the side. This is helpful when you want to ensure your windows are the same size.
- Snap a window by clicking the title bar and dragging it to the edge of your desktop.
The window snaps to one side of your desktop.
Other open windows appear as thumbnails on the other side of your desktop.
- Snap another window by clicking the thumbnail.
The window snaps to the other half of your desktop.
- Snap a window to fill the entire desktop by dragging it to the top of your desktop.
Fill a quarter of your desktop by dragging the window to a corner.
- Restore a snapped window to its original size by clicking and dragging it to the center of your desktop.
Move a window away from the side by clicking and dragging its title bar away from the edge of your desktop.