Backing up data is beneficial for restoring information should anything happen to your computer.
You can get started by setting up a back-up drive.
- Click the Start button.
- Click the Settings button.
Setting categories appear.
- Click Update & security.
Update, security, and backup settings appear.
- Choose Backup.
Any connected external hard drives appear.
- Connect an external hard drive, and then click Add a drive.
- Select a drive from the list.
Backups will occur automatically to the hard drive.
Here's how you customize how your backup will work.
- Click More options under Back up using File History.
- Configure your backup settings according to your specifications.
Choose when to back up files, how long to keep backups, and while folders to include in backups.
Follow these steps to restore your backed-up files.
- Enter Control in the search field.
- Choose Control Panel.
Your computer settings appear.
- Click System and Security.
- Click File History.
- Choose Restore personal files.
The File History window with your backed-up data appears. The most-recent backup is listed first.
- Click the Previous Version button.
The previous backup appears.
- Select an individual file or entire folder to restore.
- Click the Restore button.
The backup files are restored.
FREE Quick ReferenceClick to Download
Free to distribute with our compliments; we hope you will consider our paid training.