Reports let you view and analyze information in Salesforce.
View a Report
- Click the Reports tab.
- Find the report you want to view. There are two ways to find a report.
- By browsing through the various report folders.
- By searching in the Find reports and dashboards field.
- Click the report you want to view.
Filter by Time Frame
Every report in Salesforce has a built-in filter based on a single date field and a time frame.
- Specify the Date field and Time Frame you want to view.
If you need to adjust the time period click the Range list arrow, and select the option that best fits your needs.
- Click Run Report.
Salesforce returns the results, but you won't be able to see the individual records.
View Report Details
Now, you can see the records that are included in the report.
Display a Printable View
You may also want to print your screen.
- Click Printable View.
Salesforce downloads an Excel file to your computer.
- Find and open the downloaded HTML file.
- Print the report from your web browser, if desired.
Export to CSV or Excel
You can also export a report to Excel or a CSV file.
The report is exported as a CSV or Excel file.
View a Record in a Report
You can view any record in a report by clicking it.
Salesforce opens the record.