Salesforce is a Customer Relationship Management database, or CRM for short. Salesforce can help you manage your leads and sales, improve customer service, and collaborate with your co-workers and partners.
The Home tab is the first thing you'll see when you log into Salesforce. Since Salesforce can be customized to fit your company’s needs, your screen may be a little different, but typically the Home tab includes:
- Recent Items: A list of recent items you visited.
- Dashboards: A set of dashboards that measure data in Salesforce.
- My Tasks: A list of tasks you need to complete.
- Calendar: Shows your upcoming schedule.
Salesforce organizes its information into tabs. Each tab holds a specific set of records. These could be organized into leads, accounts, contacts or anything else that could help your company run more efficiently.
- Click the tab that contains the record you would like to access.
A list of recently viewed records within that tab will appear.
- Click the record you want to open.
That record and all information pertaining to it will open on a new screen.
When you are finished using Salesforce, you should log out to protect any sensitive information.
- Click your name at the top of the page.
- Select Logout.
You are logged out of the system.