There can be a lot of records in Salesforce, so it's important to know how to add a filter to a report so you can display only the records you want.
Filter Records You Own
One of the more common filters is to display all records or only those you own.
Now Salesforce displays only the selected type of records.
Filter by Date
You can also filter by date. First you need to specify which date field you want to filter by.
- Click the Date Field list arrow.
- Select the date field you want to filter.
Next, you need to specify a date range.
- Specify a date range by clicking the Range list arrow and selecting an option.
Now only records that were modified during the selected date range appear in the report.
Filter by a Field
You can also filter by adding any field to the Filter area.
- Click and drag the field you want to filter by from the Fields area to the Filter area.
- Specify the filter criteria for the field.
- Click Insert Selected to close the lookup dialog box.
- Click OK.
The report will only display records that include the fields you specified.