You can post updates to Chatter to let your followers know your status, what you're working on, or to share files and websites.
Post Status Updates
- Click the Chatter tab.
- Click in the Share an update field and enter your post.
You can also share website links in your posts.
- To enter a link or website, enter its URL.
- To post a file click the File tab above your post.
- Click Upload a file from your computer and select Browse.
- Select the file you want to upload and click Open.
- Click Share to publish your post.
Your post appears in Chatter.
Delete a Post
If you change your mind, you can delete your own posts.
Your post is deleted.
Comments on Posts
You can also comment on other posts.
- Click the Comment link below the post you want to comment on.
- Type your comment.
- Click Comment when you're finished.
Your response appears beneath the post.
Post to Salesforce Records
You can also post updates directly to many Salesforce records.
- Find and open the record.
- Click Show Feed, if necessary.
- Click in the Write something field.
- Enter your post related to the record.
- Click Share to publish and share the post.
Your post is added to the record's Chatter feed.