You can post updates to Chatter to let your followers know your status, what you're working on, or to share files and websites.
- Click the Chatter tab.
- Click in the Share an update field and enter your post.
You can also share website links in your posts.
- To enter a link or website, enter its URL.
- To post a file click the File tab above your post.
- Click Upload a file from your computer and select Browse.
- Select the file you want to upload and click Open.
- Click Share to publish your post.
Your post appears in Chatter.
If you change your mind, you can delete your own posts.
Your post is deleted.
You can also comment on other posts.
- Click the Comment link below the post you want to comment on.
- Type your comment.
- Click Comment when you're finished.
Your response appears beneath the post.
You can also post updates directly to many Salesforce records.
- Find and open the record.
- Click Show Feed, if necessary.
- Click in the Write something field.
- Enter your post related to the record.
- Click Share to publish and share the post.
Your post is added to the record's Chatter feed.