After you've created a report, you can edit it or delete it from Salesforce.
Reports Builder Page
You create and edit reports with the Report Builder, which has three areas:
- Fields: A Field area which contains the available fields you can include in your report.
- Filter: A Filter area where you can specify which records appear in the report.
- Preview: A Preview area that displays what will appear on your report.
Edit a Report
Editing a report is easy; you are able to customize many different aspects of a report as desired.
The report is customized to your specifications.
Sort by a Column
There are many ways to sort a report.
- Click the arrow to the right of the column you want to sort.
- Select Sort Ascending or Sort Descending.
The report is sorted.
Remove a Column
If a column of information is no longer helpful, you can remove it from the report.
The column is removed from the report.
Add a Column
You can add fields to your report by dragging them from the Fields area onto the Preview area.
The column is added to the Preview area.
You can also change the order of the columns.
Run a Report
Once you have added all the information you would like to your report, the next step is to actually run the report.
Salesforce displays the report.
Delete a Report
You can delete a report if you no longer need it.
Salesforce deletes the report.