With Salesforce, you can easily create and email quotes to your customers.
- Open the Opportunity you want to quote.
- Click New Quote in the Quotes list.
- Enter a name for the quote.
- Enter an expiration date for how long the quote will be valid.
- Select a status for the quote.
- Select the contact you want to send the quote to.
Salesforce will add the contact information for this person.
- Click Save.
The quote is created.
After a quote is created, you need to add line items, or specific products or services, to the quote.
- Click Add Line Item in the Quote Line Items list.
- Select the Price Book that contains the prices you want to use.
- Click Save.
A list of available products appears.
- Find and select the products you want to add.
- Click Select.
- Enter the Sales Price, Quantity, and an optional Discount.
- Click Save & More to add more products, or click Save when you're finished adding products.
The line items are added to the quote & the Totals section is updated.
After you create a quote you can email it to a customer.
- Click Create PDF
A preview of the quote appears.
- Click Save and Email Quote.
- Create the email message, right in Salesforce.
- Click Send when you’re ready to send the email.
Salesforce emails the quote as a PDF attachment.
Finally, you can update an Opportunity so it includes the information from any quote.
Salesforce updates the parent opportunity with the line items and totals from the quote.