Once you’ve got the hang of using the filters, you can begin to use the advanced filters which are able to filter by more than one field.
- Click and drag the field you want to filter by from the Fields area to the Filter area.
- Specify the filter criteria for the field.
- Click OK.
The search results are filtered by your selected criteria. By default, records must meet every condition listed. This means that your search criteria cannot conflict with each other.
You can always edit your filter logic to search for other records.
- Click the Filters Add button.
- Select Filter Logic.
A new Filter Logic field appears, which shows how each of the conditions are being evaluated.
- Edit the Filter Logic.
- You must use AND / OR statements between each number.
- Type the word AND to specify the next part of the criteria.
- Use () to evaluate a section separately, so type an open parenthesis to evaluate the 2 state fields.
- Type the start value to include the first field condition.
- Type OR.
- Type the end value and a closed parenthesis to finish the statement.
It's easy to edit and remove filter criteria.
- Point to the criteria you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
You can also click Remove to remove the criteria altogether.
- Edit the criteria.
- Press Enter when you're done.
Salesforce updates the report filter.