If you sell something to a customer and get paid on the spot, you'll want to create a sales receipt, instead of using an invoice, which requests future payment.
- Click New.
- Select Sales Receipt.
- Click the Customer field to select an existing customer or add a new one.
- Verify or enter the address and customer information.
- Click the Product/Service column and select Add new or an existing product.
- Edit the line items, such as Qty and Rate.
- Check or uncheck the Tax box and select a tax rate, if applicable.
- Repeat steps 5-7 to add additional line items to the sales receipt.
- Enter any additional information.
- Click a Save option.
QuickBooks saves the sales receipt and emails a copy of it to the customer.
FREE Quick ReferenceClick to Download
Free to distribute with our compliments; we hope you will consider our paid training.