A non-inventory product is something you buy and/or sell but don’t need to (or can’t) track quantities of.
Examples of non-inventory parts might include nails used during a construction project, or a special product a customer asks you to buy that you don’t normally sell.
- Click the ⚙ Gear icon.
- Select Products and Services.
- Click New.
- Select Non-inventory.
- Enter a Name for the product.
- If it's applicable, check the I sell this product/service to my customers box, and enter a:
- Description on sales forms
- Sales price/rate
- Income account & sales tax category
- If it's applicable, check the I purchase this product/service from a vendor box, and enter a:
- Expense Account
- Preferred Vendor
- Click Save and Close.
FREE Quick ReferenceClick to Download
Free to distribute with our compliments; we hope you will consider our paid training.