If a contact is no longer relevant to a group or a group is no longer relevant, there’s no reason to continue storing them.
If there’s a contact that no longer belongs in a contact group, you can always remove it.
- Double-click a contact group to open it.
- Select a contact to remove.
- Click the Remove Member button.
The contact is removed from the group.
Now if you want to delete the entire contact group, you can do that too.
- Open the contact group you want to delete.
- Click the Delete Group button on the ribbon.
- Click Yes.
The contact group is deleted. Keep in mind, this doesn’t delete the contacts that were part of that group from your contacts list.