Having a contact list isn't any good if you don't add new contacts as you connect with more people. If you have someone's information handy, you can easily create a new contact for them.
You can add a new contact in Outlook’s People hub.
- Click the People button on the Navigation Bar.
The People hub appears in Outlook, where you can add a new contact.
- Click the New Contact button.
A new contact window opens.
- Fill in the available information fields.
- (Optional) Click the Picture button.
- (Optional) Select Add Picture.
- (Optional) Find the contact’s picture and select it.
- (Optional) Click OK.
- Click Save & Close.
The new contact is created.
If you create a contact with the same name as another contact, the Duplicate Contact Detected dialog box appears. Choose to either add a new record or update the existing contact’s record.
Press Ctrl + N while in the People hub to create a new contact.
If you get your email through your organization's Microsoft Exchange server, you can also add contacts from the global Address Book. This is like looking someone up in a company directory.
- Click the Address Book button.
The Address Book window opens, showing a list of everyone on the organization's email list.
- Double-click a contact.
- Click the Add to Contacts button.
A new contact window appears, with some fields already filled in with data from the server.
- Add any extra information, then click Save & Close.
A copy of the contact is saved to your personal contacts.
You can also create a new contact from within an email.
- Right-click an email sender's name.
- Select Add to Outlook Contacts.
A contact preview window appears.
- Fill in any additional information, and then click Save & Close.
The info is saved and shows up in your contact list.