- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the Table button.
Now just use the grid to select how many columns and rows you would like.
- Select the number of rows and columns.
- Click in a table cell and type the table content.
Now that the table is populated, let's take a look at some ways to modify it.
- Click the Layout tab.
- Select an option in the Select group.
- Select an option in the Insert group.
If you decide you no longer need some cells, you can delete them.
- Click in the row or column you want to remove.
- Select an option in the Delete group.
- Select a row to modify.
- Click the Shading button.
- Select a shading color.
- Select the cells you want to align.
- Select an option in the Alignment group.
- Click in the column you want to sort.
- Click the Sort button.
- Select a sort option.
In just a few simple steps, your notes are organized into a great-looking table.