You can use section groups in OneNote to further organize sections. They allow you to group multiple, related sections together.
- Right-click in the blank space next to the current sections.
- Select New Section Group.
The group appears over on the right and you can just start typing to name it.
- Type a name for the group.
- Click a section tab and drag it over the section group.
- Click the section group.
You know you are in a section group because the name appears below the notebook name to the left of the section tabs.
- Click the Navigate to the parent section group button.
If you decide you no longer need your tabs grouped in a separate section, you can delete the section group.
- Navigate to the section group.
- Right-click any sections you want to keep.
- Select Move or Copy.
- Choose where to move the section.
- Click Move or Copy.
Once everything you still need is moved out of the section group, it can be deleted.
- Right-click the section group.
- Select Delete.
- Click Yes.
The section group is deleted.