If you're going to be taking notes for a meeting that is scheduled in Outlook, you can add in the meeting details so you know when and where it took place, as well as who was there.
- Click where you want the meeting details to go.
- Click Meeting Details on the Home tab.
- Select Choose a Meeting from Another Day to choose a meeting on a different day.
- Click the calendars icon.
- Select a date.
- With the meeting selected, click Insert Details.
All of today's meetings show up here.
It may take a second, but all of the meeting information is brought into OneNote.
This is a fast way to get all the details you need without having to retype everything.
- Click an Outlook Meeting link.
- Update the meeting.
- Click Send Update.
The message window closes and you return to OneNote. You may notice that some of the details of the meeting didn't update.
- Click the Meeting Details button.
- Select Refresh Meeting Details for This Page.
- Check the box next to someone's name.
The meeting details are updated.
You can also use the meeting details to keep track of who was there.
The check mark lets you know they showed up for the meeting.