If you're going to be taking notes for a meeting that is scheduled in Outlook, you can add in the meeting details so you know when and where it took place, as well as who was there.
- Click where you want the meeting details to go.
- Click Meeting Details on the Home tab.
All of today's meetings show up here.
- Select Choose a Meeting from Another Day to choose a meeting on a different day.
- Click the calendars icon.
- Select a date.
- With the meeting selected, click Insert Details.
It may take a second, but all of the meeting information is brought into OneNote.
This is a fast way to get all the details you need without having to retype everything.
- Click an Outlook Meeting link.
- Update the meeting.
- Click Send Update.
The message window closes and you return to OneNote. You may notice that some of the details of the meeting didn't update.
- Click the Meeting Details button.
- Select Refresh Meeting Details for This Page.
The meeting details are updated.
You can also use the meeting details to keep track of who was there.
- Check the box next to someone's name.
The check mark lets you know they showed up for the meeting.