If you need access to a file so you can quickly jump to it from a notebook, you can add a file as an attachment or a printout.
Another way to access outside information is to add it as a file printout. It's similar to the Send to OneNote feature, but it's initiated from within OneNote.
- Select a page where you want to add a printout.
- Click the File Printout button on the Insert tab.
- Select a file to insert.
- Click Insert.
- Double-click the file icon.
- (Optional) Check the Don't show me this again check box.
- Click OK.
- Close the file when you're done with it.
Notice at the top is a little icon and the name of the file.
A warning appears again.