- Navigate to where the spreadsheet will go.
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the Spreadsheet button.
- Select Existing Excel Spreadsheet.
If you don't already have a spreadsheet created, you can create a new one from here.
- Select a file to embed.
- Click Insert.
Here you can also choose to just attach the file, insert the spreadsheet, or, if the file has a chart or table, just add that.
- Click Insert Spreadsheet.
- Click Edit at the upper-left corner of the spreadsheet.
- Edit the spreadsheet as needed.
- Click Save.
- Click Close.
The spreadsheet opens up and you can make any needed changes.
You return to OneNote and the changes you made automatically show up in your notes.