After you've written some notes with the pen tool, you may decide to make some changes.
- Click the Draw tab.
If you have something really specific to select, you can use the Lasso Select tool to draw a selection circle around it. But for selecting things like a word or entire line, it's best to keep the Type tool selected.
- (Optional) Select an editing tool.
- Click an item to remove.
- Press the Delete key to remove it.
- Click the Eraser button.
The default eraser deletes entire pen strokes.
- Click a written object.
To remove just part of a line, select a different eraser.
- Click the Eraser list arrow.
- Select an eraser.
- Click and drag over an area to remove.
- Expand the Edit group.
- Click Insert Space.
A gray line and arrow appear on the screen.
- Click where you want to add space and drag down or over.
One last tool that's really useful for working with written text is Ink to Text.
- Click the Type or Lasso Select tool.
- Select the writing you want to convert to type.
- Expand the Convert group.
- Click Ink to Text.
All of the writing is converted to type and even the pen color carries over.