Opening a spreadsheet lets you use a spreadsheet that you or someone else has previously created and then saved. This lesson explains how to open a saved spreadsheet.
Open a Spreadsheet from Google Drive
The spreadsheet opens in its own tab.
Open a Spreadsheet from Google Sheets
If you don't have a Google Drive tab open, you can browse for and open spreadsheets from within a Google Sheets window.
- Click File on the menu bar.
- Select Open.
A dialog box opens, where you have a few ways to find a spreadsheet to open:
- Search for a file in the search field.
- Browse through the folders in your Google Drive.
- Click a tab to view your Shared With Me, Starred, or Recent files.
- Navigate to or search for a spreadsheet.
- Double-click the spreadsheet you want to open.
The spreadsheet opens in Google Sheets.
FREE Quick ReferenceClick to Download
Free to distribute with our compliments; we hope you will consider our paid training.