Every cell in a spreadsheet starts at a standard width and height, but you can easily change a column's width or a row's height to display everything you need.
You can manually adjust the row height or column width the same way.
- Click and drag the border between two rows or columns.
When you position the cursor over a row or column header's border, a black arrow appears. This needs to be showing before clicking and dragging.
The row height or column width are resized.
- Double-click the border between two rows or columns.
The row height or column width is automatically adjusted so that it's tall/wide enough to fit the contents of its largest cell.
You can also specify a precise row height or column width.
- Right-click a row or column header.
- Select Resize row or Resize column.
- Enter a row height or column width, in pixels.
- Click OK.
In the dialog box that opens, you can choose to specify a precise size in pixels, or automatically set the row or column size based on its contents.
The row height or column width is set to the number of pixels we specified.