By default, changes you make will appear for everyone else as well. You can change your editing mode to suggest edits, or to a view-only mode.
You can use Suggestion Mode in Docs to suggest various edits to be made to a document.
- Click the Editing mode icon in the upper right.
From this menu, you can select one of three modes.
- Editing mode: Lets you edit the document directly. This is the mode you're in by default.
- Suggesting mode: Lets you suggest edits to a document that other people can review. Suggestions that are accepted will be added to the document, while ones that are rejected are deleted.
- Viewing mode: Lets you view the document read-only, which will prevent you from changing anything until you return to another mode.
- Select Suggesting.
- Suggest edits by making changes in the document.
Each edit is marked as a suggestion. Details of that suggestion appear in a comment in the margin.
You can accept or reject any suggested edits that other users have posted.
- Review suggested edits by clicking the Accept or Reject button.
FREE Quick ReferenceClick to Download
Free to distribute with our compliments; we hope you will consider our paid training.