Your keyboard doesn’t contain all the characters you might want to include in your documents. Docs lets you insert these special symbols and equations separately.
Common symbols that you can insert range from copyright (©) and trademark (™) symbols, additional punctuation marks (?), foreign currency symbols (¥), mathematical symbols (÷), and accented characters (ä).
- Place the cursor where you want to insert a special character.
- Click Insert on the menu bar.
- Select Special characters.
A dialog box opens up, where you can select a special character. Special characters are organized into categories to keep the list from being overwhelming.
- Locate a special character in the search box.
- Click a special character.
The dialog box stays open, so you could continue to insert more symbols.
- Click Close.
The special character appears in the text.
FREE Quick ReferenceClick to Download
Free to distribute with our compliments; we hope you will consider our paid training.