The text in your paragraphs is aligned to the left margin by default, but you can easily change it.
Align a Paragraph
- Click anywhere in the paragraph you want to align.
- Click an alignment option.
- To align left, press Ctrl + Shift + L.
- To align right, press Ctrl + Shift + R.
- To center, press Ctrl + Shift + E.
- To justify, press Ctrl + Shift + J.
You can also adjust the amount of space between your text and the edge of the page by indenting it.
- Place the text cursor in a paragraph.
- Click the Increase indent or Decrease indent button.
- Click and drag the Left Indent arrow to adjust the indent.
The paragraph will move over by half an inch each time you click Increase.
You can also manually change the indent of a paragraph using the ruler.
The paragraph is indented to the spot you choose.
FREE Quick ReferenceClick to Download
Free to distribute with our compliments; we hope you will consider our paid training.