An AND operator always allows a query to match two or more conditions, such as which people are business owners and live in France.
An OR operator allows a query to match only one of several conditions, such as what people live in France or in Mexico.
In this lesson, you'll learn how to add AND and OR operators to a query.
- Display the Query Design view.
- Enter your criteria in the appropriate field's first Criteria box.
- Enter additional criteria as follows:
- AND: Enter additional criteria for one or more fields in the appropriate field's Criteria box. All AND criteria should appear on the same row.
- OR: Enter additional criteria for one or more fields in the appropriate field's or box, using a different row for each OR criteria.
- Save and run the query.